Our Members are hiring!
Technical Build-out Internship
X-Frame is a fast-growing start-up technology oriented construction business providing circular economy building solutions. As the business grows new talent is needed to meet project demands and build out the technology platform.
The successful applicant to this role would be responsible for building out automation tools based in Grasshopper that allows X-Frame to deliver bespoke projects quickly and efficiently. The primary focus will be on translating spreadsheet data outputs (schedules) from Revit into fabrication ready drawings for fabrication. The successful applicant will also be tasked with automating the production of assembly drawings.
Required Technical Competencies:
- This individual needs to be highly skilled in the use of Grasshopper (Visual Scripting plugin for Rhinoceros 3D) and Rhinoceros 3D
Useful Technical Competencies:
- An understanding of timber framed construction (interior and load bearing construction)
- An understanding of the implications of the circular economy on timber framed construction, building products and building systems
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM workflows including material and milling characteristics of engineered timber products
- Skills in furniture design and fabrication, and/or prefabrication/modular construction
- Experience in the application of DFMA(aD) in buildings or large products
- Knowledge and experience using Autodesk Revit and Dynamo
- Knowledge of Green Building Design Standards and Frameworks (i.e. the Living Building Challenge, HomeStar, PassiveHouse)
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual with the skills and knowledge to deliver industry leading solutions. The successful applicant must be prepared to ask questions, to iterate rapidly and to work in a detailed oriented manner.
Start Date: ASAP
Remuneration: based on the applicant's experience
Hours per week: 30 to 40 hours depending on the applicant's availability
Contract term: 3 months fixed term with the potential to extend
Location: the successful application must be located in Wellington, New Zealand
Please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: Ged Finch Research and Development Manager
p: 022 318 0247
Studio Pacific Architecture
Landscape architect - 4-5 years' experience
An exciting opportunity exists for a landscape architect within our vibrant Wellington practice. Studio Pacific Architecture has an established reputation for award winning architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, and interior projects.
We are looking for a full-time landscape architect, with at least four years' experience, to join our team working on a range of exciting projects around the country. The successful applicant will be passionate about design and the environment with a strong technical background. The role will involve working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team and playing a key part in the documentation and delivery of projects of various scales and complexity.
We offer a flexible, inclusive and creative working environment with opportunities for part-time work, a variety of exciting projects and career support and development for our people. Other benefits include health insurance, an endless coffee supply and frequent social events.
If you have the following attributes, skills and experience, we would love to hear form you:
- Creative and collaborative designer
- Strong graphic, written and oral communication skills
- High level of thoroughness and attention to detail
- Quick and willing learner
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Landscape Architecture
- 4 years' plus professional experience - preferably registered (but not a prerequisite)
- New Zealand landscape knowledge and capability (preferable)
- Excellent CAD skills (preferably ArchiCAD)
- Design and 3D modelling skills
- Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop knowledge/skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Experience in the documentation and construction of built projects
- GIS knowledge/experience
If you have these qualities, would like to play a key part in our exciting body of projects and develop your career within an excellent culture and cross-disciplinary team, please send your CV, covering letter and a sample of your portfolio including 5-10 examples of your work. Applications close 5 pm, Thursday 18 February, 2021.
Principal - People and Practice Manager
Studio Pacific Architecture
PO Box 11 517
PrefabNZ Business Members are free to submit job vacancies to be listed on the PrefabNZ website, and listed in the monthly Newsletter plus our social media channels. Please email us to submit your listings. Non-Members are welcome to submit listings, but there is a charge for this service.