Book a VR session!
Virtual reality is fast becoming a useful tool for the construction sector. A series of scenarios have been designed with the aim of attracting workers, training and retaining them in the sector.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) partnered with Joy Business Academy to create Skills for Industry - Virtual Reality.
Specifically, Skills for Industry VR is designed to:
- Encourage uptake and retention of training within the construction industry
- Support sustainable employment in the construction sector
- Enhance existing recruitment processes for construction employers
The scenarios are accessible and immersive, and they provide real and industry-specific learning experiences. This is to help teach and validate skills needed in the construction sector. They can be used by MSD jobseekers wanting to gain a better understanding of the industry, or by employers making an assessment for recruitment or training purposes.
Book a session with PrefabNZ and explore these three VR scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Earthmoving - 2 player cooperative scenario, focusing on excavator or truck-driving skills
- Scenario 2: Traffic control - 2 player cooperative scenario, focusing on traffic control and detailed communication
- Scenario 3: Prefab - 2 player cooperative scenario, focusing on prefab assembly skills
For more context and visual illustrations of the VR scenarios in actions, please see the videos below:
Watch PrefabNZ CEO Scott Fisher trying out the VR training tool!
To find out about training opportunities and to explore the scenarios - please contact us for more information and to book your session.