Interested in joining PrefabNZ? You’ll be in good company!
We have over 200 Member organisations across the design and construction sector, including architects, builders, developers, engineers, manufacturers, researchers, retailers, policy makers and project managers.
Why join PrefabNZ?
PrefabNZ is the hub for innovative construction in New Zealand. Join us to benefit from information, education and advocacy about innovative offsite design and construction.
Our Members are at the heart of everything we do! We work hard to deliver fun and informative events, an annual CoLab conference, free Cluster meet-ups, publicity, resources and projects like UNIpod (open-source bathroom/kitchen pod). These all work to increase the viability of prebuilt options, growing the visibility of the research and development end of the design and construction industry and enhancing our Member's endeavours.
Joining PrefabNZ enables you to benefit from these activities, putting you in touch with the prefab industry, connecting you with key industry players and like-minded businesses. It keeps you in the loop on all things prefab, plus you’ll get a bunch of perks – see below.
- Free events – attend collaborative Cluster events alongside Members of New Zealand Green Building Council, New Zealand Institute of Architects, The Designers Institute of New Zealand, Architectural Designers New Zealand and Institution of Professional Engineers NZ.
- Discounted events – receive up to 50% discount off regional events and our annual CoLab conference.
- Priority presentations - lead the discussion at events and directly reach attendees.
- Online Directory listing – have a dedicated profile on our website, with contact details and active links to your website.
- Members-only website area – access downloadable event presentations and resources.
- Profile projects - submit news, videos and case studies to share via our communications channels
- Regular Members newsletter – receive a dedicated Members-only monthly e-newsletter with all the juicy bits from PrefabNZ's work in the sector.
- Individual consultancy services – consult with us to grow your business, let us link you with others in the prefab community.
- Advocacy to strategic industry players – engage with advocacy to key industry organisations, local and national government.
From 1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017, GST inclusive:
- $0 - student membership (full-time student ID required)
- $480 - business turnover < $5 million
- $980 - business turnover $5-10 million
- $1,950 - business turnover > $10 million
- $250 - individual membership (by enquiry)
If joining part-way through a year, fees are payable on a pro-rata basis.
By joining, you automatically accept the Rules of PrefabNZ. Download the Rules of PrefabNZ here.
What our Members say...
(Mid-Year Membership Survey 2016)
“Great support and opportunity for building relevant networks."
"PrefabNZ has provided inspiration and stimulus for me to progress my business."
"I feel that it is an organisation with a real and well defined purpose, and a purpose that has real value... PrefabNZ is truly inclusive and welcoming and has the magical ability to reach out to a diverse range of people with much generosity. Go PrefabNZ!"
"Each time we engage with PrefabNZ, through the website, Clusters, CoLab and with other Members, our confidence and knowledge improves to have a go and think of prefab options as a way forward."