The HIVE showcased a range of ten high-quality, sustainable, well-designed prefabricated houses at Canterbury Agricultural Park from April 2012 to November 2014.
This project was brought to life through close collaboration with twenty-eight sponsoring partners providing in-kind, discounted or funding assistance. At the heart of HIVE was the enthusiasm of key housing teams. Their time and energy enabled this unique opportunity to showcase prefabrication to Cantabrians and a wide range of New Zealanders; members of the public, construction industry professionals, local and central government.
The houses showcased were:
- Park Terrace House by Keith Hay Homes + Architex
- Littlewing by Lockwood Homes
- Rakaia House by Falcon Construction
- The Smart House bu Laing Homes + Wilson & Hill Architects
- Waipoa House by Module NZ
- Toi Toi House by Ekohome
- High Performance House by Warmframe + Salmond Architecture
- The Kiosk by BART
- Mypad by Portabuild
- Click-Raft by CMA+U
The next HIVE will be in a major North Island city - we will keep you posted!