Our Members are hiring!
Date listed: 24/01/2020 | Status: Available
PREFABRICATION DESIGNERS AND DETAILERS
Offsite Design Ltd are experts in off-site manufacture of timber buildings offering unique design, engineering, and drafting services to prefabricators, contractors, and developers to help materialise the timber buildings of tomorrow. From tiny house, family homes to medium-rise, residential and commercial projects. Domestic and overseas clients.
Our specialist services include: DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly), 3D fabrication modelling, 2D shop drawings, and file-to-factory export to drive CNC equipment and the factory.
Timber construction and prefabrication are experiencing strong interest in New Zealand, Australia and beyond, e.g. CAD/CAM integrated fabrication processes are being introduced, panelised prefabrication is taken up by small and large companies, cross- and parallel-laminated timber (CLT and PLT) are produced locally at scale.
The Christchurch rebuild, a massive housing shortage in Auckland, and general productivity, affordability and sustainability issues in the industry demand an alternative approach to construction. Prefabrication and timber buildings are increasingly seen as solutions to these challenges.
Offsite Design Ltd are actively involved in these trends and we are keen to hire more CAD/prefabrication detailers from early 2020.
- Production of 3D models and 2D construction drawings (using Cadwork) supporting the prefabrication and construction of a wide variety of timber buildings, from small family home to medium-rise/multi-storey.
- Modelling of light timber frame (LTF) panelised and engineered mass timber structures for fabrication, incl. services.
- 2D drafting/detailing of factory and assembly documentation, using Cadwork.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- ·Strong experience in modelling and drafting timber buildings, e.g. as architectural, structural, or truss and frame detailer.
- ·In depth knowledge and experience of at least two of the following:
- Hands-on experience of construction or prefabrication of timber buildings.
- NZS3604; Design and detailing of light timber-framed buildings.
- Design, detailing, construction of heavy timber structures (glulam, LVL, CLT, etc).
- ·Intermediate (to advanced) experience using CADWORK or other CAD/CAM/BIM packages.
- ·Self-starter, with energy, passion, and genuine interest and exposure to timber construction.
- ·Attention to detail and pride in your work.
- ·BIM experience.
- ·Work at the leading edge of timber prefabrication and off-site manufacture in this part of the world, including involvement in R&D projects moving the industry forward.
- ·An extremely wide variety of projects across the whole range of engineered timber products and building typologies; from tiny house to multi-storey engineered timber structure.
- ·A friendly team of individuals with a passion for building with wood, raising the quality of our built environment and the productivity of our industry.
- ·Remuneration according to your skillset and experience.
Interested? Please send your application letter and CV (in English) to: Johann Betz - firstname.lastname@example.org
PrefabNZ Business Members are free to submit job vacancies to be listed on the PrefabNZ website, and listed in the monthly Newsletter plus our social media channels. Please submit your listings to Jessica@prefabnz.com. Non-Members are welcome to submit listings, but there is a charge for this service.