CoLab 2018 – our biggest and boldest event yet
No doubt about it, CoLab 2018 sent strong messages to the construction industry, local and central government and media. With more participants (270), more members (150+), more presenters (35) 5 international speakers, 3 official launches and 1 great bank finance update and more news stories (we lost count after 21) than ever before. Interest and appreciation for prefabrication is reaching a tipping point. More like a gathering of enthusiasts and game changers, CoLab brought innovative construction to the forefront of discussions for achieving KiwiBuild and increasing productivity. It is time for construction in NZ to Modernise or Die.
Thanks to everyone who took part, sharing their ideas, resources and energy to making it the best yet.
Read the detailed review by David Chandler, Adjunct Professor at the Western Sydney Unversity here.
View the photos on our facebook page here.
Hon Jenny Salesa and Hon Phil Twyford, opened the indoor day, and then spent an hour listening, and discussing with the audience issues around the uptake of prefabrication and delivering KiwiBuild. Watch their session here
- James Murray-Parkes of Brookfield Scientific Solutions, Australia (pictured and unanimous favourite quote of CoLab "If you don't do prefab, you are a moron."
- Mark Farmer of Cast Consultancy, UK. Watch a clip of Mark's presentation here
- Su-Ming Leong-Kok of the Building Construction Authority, Singapore
- Daryl Patterson of Lendlease, Australia
- Rosie Toogood of Legal + General Modular Housing, UK
Missed the action? We have full videos of the keynote presenters, plus presentations from all session leaders available on our Member Resources page, click here to login.