Thinking about joining PrefabNZ?
Want to join PrefabNZ? It's easy - click here to sign up.
You’ll be in good company. We now have about 200 member organisations across a range of roles within the design/construction supply chain including architecture, design and engineering, manufacturers, research, policy and compliance, contractors, distributors and tertiary institutions.
PrefabNZ member organisations are based across New Zealand with 37% in Auckland, 23% in Wellington and 13% in Christchurch. The remaining members are spread far and wide across New Zealand and a few international members even further afield.
So why join PrefabNZ?Essentially it’s about being in the loop on all things prefab, plus you'll get a bunch of perks - see benefits below.
Membership with PrefabNZ provides a connection with other industry players. This might be to specify, buy or sell prefab systems, technologies or production capabilities, or to connect with related product and service providers.
Joining PrefabNZ puts you in touch with the prefab industry in New Zealand. Your organisation will benefit from an increased awareness of current research and development initiatives and possible collaborations and joint ventures with like-minded, compatible businesses.
What are the benefits of being a member of PrefabNZ?
- Members-only website area – with exclusive members-only news, downloadable event presentations, case studies, members-only tools and more
- Online prefab directory listing – your own dedicated presence within the searchable database on the PrefabNZ.com website, with active links to your website – this is the most viewed section on our website
- 50% reduction in price for all PrefabNZ events - this is where you get to mix and mingle, listen and learn, and keep track of where prefab is heading today
- Priority presentations at PrefabNZ events - this way you can lead the discussion topics at PrefabNZ events and directly reach attendees
- Opportunity to submit news and promotions - through our newsletter (reaching over 1400 people each month) and website, just send through your stories to us
- Advocacy to strategic industry players – MBIE, BRANZ, Productivity Partnership, CIC and other industry organisations
- Regular members newsletter – along with the general monthly news, members also receive a special members-only news with all the juicy bits
- Individual prefab consultation services – linking your business/project/services with others in the prefab community on a case-by-case basis
What is PrefabNZ doing?
PrefabNZ is continuing its educational, informational and advocacy role with a number of industry groups.
We have recently been engaging with:
- Department of Building and Housing
- Housing NZ
- Department of Labour
- Construction Industry Council
- Productivity Partnership
PrefabNZ is a member of the Construction Industry Council (CIC) which is essentially an association of industry associations. We are also members of the Productivity Partnership's Evidence Working Group and are continuing work on the Research Action Plan strategy and direction
PrefabNZ members will be updated directly on any updates from these groups and any issues, concerns, sucesses and challenges will be considered and communicated by PrefabNZ to the wider industry through these groups.
Membership FeesThe annual membership structure for the 2012-2013 financial year (April 1 2012 to March 31 2013) is as follows (GST exclusive):
- $400 – business turnover up to $5 million
- $800 – business turnover $5-10 million
- $1,600 – business turnover above $10 million
- $1,600 – research and tertiary institutions
- Student membership by enquiry
- $200 - individual membership
- Expert contributor / retiree membership by enquiry
PrefabNZ Members endorsements
“Ecotech Homes (NZ) Ltd are delighted to be involved with PrefabNZ and support building offsite as the smart housing and building option for the future.” – Ecotech Homes
"Our relationship with PrefabNZ enables us to keep abreast with developments and innovations in the industry. It also helps us identify areas where we can either participate or offer project assistance." - Winstone Wallboards
“Advanced Building Products have joined PrefabNZ to promote the use of prefab products in their various forms and to gain insights into their uses.” – Advanced Building Products
“BRANZ’s participation in PrefabNZ is part of the production systems and supply chains work stream. There is plenty of evidence from overseas that moving from construction on site to factory fabrication and erection on site decreases costs and increases the quality of the completed buildings. BRANZ sees PrefabNZ as providing the ability for the different types of prefabricating companies to network and become aware of each other and each others’ capabilities.” - BRANZ