The pre-election Housing Issues panel
Affordable, secure housing and sustainable future-proof cities are a huge concern in New Zealand with its homelessness, growing and aging population.
PrefabNZ, the New Zealand Green Building Council and Community Housing Aotearoa are co-hosting this pre-election Housing Issues panel.
We are inviting a spokesperson from across the the Political Parties to present their housing action plans at a public audience panel on Thursday 7 September, 6pm - 8pm at Lecture Theater One, Faculty of Architecture and Design, Victoria University of Wellington, 139 Vivian Street, Wellington.
We have asked each political party to consider these points:
1. What is your party's perceived problem with housing in NZ?
2. What is your party's intended response post-election (not what is happening now)
3. How will your party embrace and encourage innovative housing delivery as part of the solution?
Hosted and chaired by Guy Marriage, Senior Lecturer, Building Science, School of Architecture, VUW
Confirmed so far from:
- Phil Twyford, Labour party
- Metiria Turei, The Green Party
- Geoff Simmons, The Opportunities Party
- Marama Fox, Maori Party
- Shamubeel Equab, Economist, social commentator, writer and Housing issue expert