The Housing Crisis panel
Please register below, using the BOOK NOW button
Affordable, secure housing and sustainable future-proof cities are a huge concern in New Zealand with its homelessness, growing and ageing population.
PrefabNZ, the New Zealand Green Building Council and Community Housing Aotearoa are co-hosting this FREE pre-election Housing Crisis panel.
We are inviting a spokesperson from across the Political Parties to present their housing action plans at a public audience panel on Thursday 7 September, 6pm - 8pm at Lecture Theater One, Faculty of Architecture and Design, Victoria University of Wellington, 139 Vivian Street, Wellington.
We have asked each political party to consider these points:
1. What is your party's perceived problem with housing in NZ?
2. What is your party's intended response post-election (not what is happening now)
3. How will your party embrace and encourage innovative housing delivery as part of the solution?
Hosted and chaired by Guy Marriage, Senior Lecturer, Building Science, School of Architecture, VUW, and PrefabNZ Board Member.
Confirmed and their written reply:
- Denis O'Rouke, NZ First
- Geoff Simmons, The Opportunities Party
- Julie Anne Genter MP, The Green Party
- Marama Fox, Maori Party
- Phil Twyford, Labour
- Shamubeel Equab, Economist, social commentator, writer and Housing issue expert
- Garry Moore
National has yet to accept the invitation. Hon. Amy Adams has submitted a written reply. Read here.