The new Guide "Designing for Prefabrication"
Topic leader: Johann Betz from Offsite Design
Topic: The new Guide "Designing for Prefabrication"
Johann Betz has a degree in timber structure engineering, design, and prefabrication from Rosenheim University in Germany. He also holds a Masters of Engineering in wood technology focusing on the industrial engineering and optimisation of timber prefab operations.
In New Zealand Johann has worked as structural timber engineer and has advised a number of start-up and established companies on their prefab systems and prefab factory operations. His unique background combines structural timber engineering and design expertise with practical and theoretical experience on how to prefabricate in a factory.
Johann is Founder and Principal of Offsite Design Ltd (www.offsitedesign.co.nz), a consultancy providing design and engineering services supporting the delivery of prefabricated timber buildings.
Outline/scope of presentation:
- The new NZ Wood Guide "Designing for Prefabrication"
- Free download of a draft version for industry comment here:
- Background and How to use the Guidelines
- Target Audience: architects, engineers, specifiers.
- Prefabricated Timber Systems
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA)
- Procurement (traditional vs integrated)
- Transportation, Storage, and Erection
- Compliance: The Consenting Process
PrefabNZ, the heart of innovative construction, are over-the-moon to offer an engaging series of bite-sized webinars to benefit you and your enterprise -- wherever you are.
Providing informal yet informative snappy 45-minute lunchtime learning webinars, held every two weeks on Tuesdays. A new expert introduced every session.
Enjoy 15min quick-fire presentation, followed by a 25min discussion where you get an opportunity to pose your questions to our guest speaker. CPD points available. All registrants will receive a replay link to the recording, including absentees. Absentees are still eligible for CPD points on completion of viewing the replay recording.
Innovation Bites are open and free for PrefabNZ Members and Cluster whanau organisation Members (NZGBC, NZIA, ADNZ, NZIQS, BOINZ, EngineeringNZ).
Informative and relevant, topics will include:
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Investment in your enterprise
- Gaining CodeMark for prefab design and manufacture processes
- Future of Technology
- Business support
- Taking a product to Market
- Financing of prefabs
- + Topics you suggest