PrefabNZ CoLab 2017
PrefabNZ's annual CoLab extravaganza is coming... We are FULL of Goodness - CoLab is SOLD OUT
Tuesday 21 March - conference and Wednesday 22 March - site visits. The site visit day is in collaboration with New Zealand Institute of Building (NZIOB). It's THE fun, interactive and provocative prefab event of the year.
Final Programme here: PrefabNZ CoLab 2017 Programme FINAL 170317.pdf
- Helena Lidelöw, Associate Professor (biträdande professor/docent) in Timber Structures, Luleå, University of Technology, Sweden. "Industrialised construction in Sweden – from single-family homes to multi-family buildings"
- Dr Don Elder, Chair and CE of Spanbild Group - Getting it Right: components, panels, pods and relocatables
- Warren Quinn, CE of BCITO - The skilled worker shortage
- Rachael Newfield, CE Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts - Diversification in the workforce
- Simon Waldren, Managing Director Apex Wiring Solutions - Plug n Play M&E
- Gary Caulfield, CEO of XLam - Case Study CLT, what the world is going crazy for right now...
- John Lucchetti, Principal, Wood & Grieve Engineers / prefabAUS Board member - Getting the Regulations right
- Rob Tierney, CE Holmes Farsight - Is compliance stifling innovation in NZ?
- Dr Chris Hartshorn, Callaghan Innovation - Bringing innovation to the market - the front-line of advances in materials, big data + more
- Jim Rickard, Owner and Director BuiltIn - Better Finance for prefab
- Peter Crawley, CADPRO Systems. (VR) Virtual Reality -
Engage prospective clients on a whole new level. Early acceptance has benefits!
- Dermott McMeel, University of Auckland - Hold Onto Your Bits: Data, Robots and Disruption in Design and Construction
- Dr Anthony Pelosi and Melissa Clark-Reynolds - Disruption in Construction
- Chris Moller - Hosting the future of Tech session and Q&A
- Sam Judd, Founder of Sustainable Coastlines - Building process and living building certification
- Hon. Minister Louise Upston - delivering closing remarks
Day 2 Wed 22 March - 8.30am - 5.30pm Site visit day in collaboration with the Constructing Our World event run by NZ Institute of Building, Australian Institute of Building and Singapore Institute of Building.
- Smales Farm
- Wynyard Quarter
- Unitec Student Hub the largest development in inner Auckland
- SGA workshop and studios
- Vistalite large scale prefab manufacturing in action
What is CoLab?
CoLab is PrefabNZ's annual conference, jam-packed with interactive site visits, thought provoking presentations and keynote conversations on inspiring innovative projects from local heroes and international experts. It's all about a fun interactive hands-on experience and future-forward thinking.
PrefabNZ brings you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with inspiring and innovative individuals and organisations to learn about innovative construction methods and offsite/prefab projects. If you have any interest or involvement in the medium-term evolution of the design and construction industry then CoLab is where you need to be!
CoLab is your chance to meet like-minded peers and get connected across the industry, have fun and look ahead to our changing innovative construction landscape. We can't wait to see you there!
100% of 2016's attendees would recommend the event to a colleague. They said...
"It was great to see so many passionate people wanting to share their knowledge in this sector which has so much potential!"
"Thoroughly enjoyed the conference. Very well put together and possibly the first conference in history where I didn’t yawn once!"
"Most enjoyed meeting people (great people!) and having the opportunity to all sit in a room and talk about doing things better."
"Great networking opportunity. Great way to keep up with what’s progressing (or not) in the industry."
Feb 11 – Mar 17
Non-member (2 days only)**
Feb 11 – Mar 17
Student (ID proof)
Feb 11 – Mar 17
One-day rates available on request. *PrefabNZ Members for 2017-18 financial year. NZIA, NZIOB, BOINZ, IPENZ, NZGBC, ADNZ, DINZ all invited at Member rate. **10% discount for CIC Member Organisations. Use promo code CICMEMBER10
NZIA: 80 CPD points. ADNZ 14 points. BOINZ and NZIOB points - to be confirmed. LBP points applicable in the Elective Activities.
With thanks to our media partner -
Please see Event terms and Conditions here
Questions about CoLab? Contact Alice Boultbee at Info@prefabnz.com or call 021 292 0947